Preparing for Your Visit & Forms
Your first visit at Lake Norman Family Therapy will include taking care of the business end of things. When you schedule your first appointment, you will be asked to provide your email address so that your therapist may invite you to our online client portal. You will need to visit this online portal before your first visit to fill out demographic and insurance information, as well as other important intake paperwork. Your therapist will send you detailed instructions on how to utilize the portal. Please let her know if you have any difficulty with online access or forms.
If you will be seen for couple’s counseling, please have the person whose insurance you wish to use complete all of the forms. Please be aware that the first couples appointment is a consultation, and you are responsible for the full fee at time of service. Subsequent sessions will be submitted to insurance.
A few things to keep in mind before your visit:
You must register and fill out paperwork in the online portal before your visit. If you do not have access to email or the internet, or have any other issues with this online paperwork, please let your therapist know before your session so that she may assist you.
- Appointments are approximately 55 minutes each.
- Please arrive a few minutes early to take care of payment before your session; payment is required at the time of service.
- We will file claims with all insurance companies. We are an in-network provider for Medicare and BlueCross/BlueShield PPO, and an out-of-network provider for all other insurance companies.
- Please bring your insurance card to your first appointment.
- Please contact your insurance company in advance of your visit to verify your benefits. Inform insurance that you would like to verify benefits for a mental health office visit. If your mental health insurance is through Medicare or BlueCross/BlueShield PPO, verify your benefits for an in-network provider. If you have any other insurance carrier for mental health benefits, verify your benefits for an out-of-network provider. Your mental health carrier may be different from your medical carrier. If you are unable to reach your insurance prior to your appointment, you are responsible for the full amount.
- Initial evaluation fee is $140.
- Continued therapy sessions are $125 each hour.
- Psychological testing is $150 each hour.
- We must have a minimum of 48 hours’ notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, except for Monday appointments, in which case we need notice by noon on Friday.
- We accept all forms of payment.